We encourage Dealers to come and peruse and scan our extensive Book Sales stacks and items on Mondays from 9 am to 5 pm. We value the business and the Library benefits directly from purchases made by dealers and the public. However, Effective with the January 2020 Huge Book Sales, Dealers may only peruse and buy large numbers of items on Monday Sale Days from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We have experienced severe crowding at our Saturday Huge Book Sales by the public and dealers. Dealers bring bins, bags, or boxes to compile items they are buying and they block the aisles. Regular customers have a hard time getting around them. Our Saturday Huge Sales draw hundreds of customers and it’s more than inconvenient when regular customers can’t traverse an aisle or look at books or other items on a rack or table because they are blocked.
Therefore all Dealers are more than welcome to purchase large quantities on Monday Sale days.
Options for Dealers:
We have huge long stacks of books and items in our Sorting Room in the Library. The Friends will allow Dealers to peruse and scan those items if they make an appointment and a volunteer is there to guide them.
To go into our stacks, you must be a member of the Friends of the Library first. Membership costs: $10.00 per person. If a dealer brings a helper they must become a member as well.
If you have any questions or wish to make an appointment, please email the current President at HamiltonFOTL@gmail.com
The Friends of the Hamilton Library is located at:
Hamilton Free Public Library
1 Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr. Way
Hamilton, NJ 08619.
FOTL SORTING ROOM ACCESS RULES FOR DEALERS
Effective January 1, 2020. These rules were originally created for dealers but apply to anyone who wants to enter the room.
- Everyone who accesses the sorting room storage area must be a FOTL member. Yearly individual dues are $10.00 but you get four book dollars on your member card.
- Option #1 – Dealers must purchase a bulk lot (300 or more books) that are pre-packed by FOTL volunteers. Costs for Non-Fiction hardcover .20 cents each.
- Option #2 – Dealers may pay an entrance fee of $40.00 per person. If a dealer has helper, each person entering the Sorting room must pay the 40.00 entrance fee.
- Only two dealers at a time are allowed in the sorting room.
- In addition to the storage shelves, the book carts and boxes may be accessed unless there is a “DO NOT TOUCH” sign attached to the cart or box. That sign indicates that the cart or box is set up for the next two-day sale.
- All transactions are in Final, with NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No discounts are provided and no returns are accepted.
ALL ITEMS COST THE PRICE MARKED. Paperbacks are $.10 each; magazines $.25; trade size usually $.50-$1.00; CDs and DVDs $.25 and up; hardcover books $1.00 and up etc.